They say that if you love what you do, you’ll never work a day in your life. For many people, becoming a certified dance teacher can be both a sustainable career path and a wonderful way to “never work” 😜
Whether you are someone considering a career in ballroom dance, a vetted teacher looking for guidance, or a studio owner in search of how to grow your employees, certification is the key to providing confidence and competency for professionals on and off the dance floor.
Dance Vision sets teachers, new and continuing, on the right foot in a growing and competitive ballroom dance industry. Here are some reasons to consider a Dance Vision Teacher Certification (it’s never too late!):
Certification Enhances Your Credibility
- When acquiring new students and/or seeking potential studio employment, a professional certification with Dance Vision shows that you are a competent teacher and trusted member of our organization—this builds trust.
- A professional certification is representative of the dedication and investment you’ve put into your dance education and career. For studio owners, “displaying achievements and certificates [in a studio] shows that we take seriously [the education of] our teachers and our students. It’s definitely a big positive for students”, says Jason Daly, Professional Rhythm Finalist and owner of Dance Daly Studio in Mission Viejo, California.
- Dance Vision Certifications are also officially recognized by the National Dance Council of America (NDCA).
Certification Establishes Your Teaching Framework
- Certification will solidify your knowledge of both leader and follower syllabi figures, so you can teach them to students with ease.
- Certification builds your technical theory: our syllabi were created as a method for building technical skill over time, based on certain figures contributing to varying aspects of dance technique. As dance teachers, understanding beyond the steps allows you to support your students' growth and contributes to the longevity of their dance journeys—they’ll stick around because there is always more to learn.
- Certification requires you to consider aspects of dance that you may have never thought of before...this will support you in planning lessons and teaching students individually as everyone is unique.
- We believe having access to educational materials is critical in being a great teacher—that’s why all teacher members at Dance Vision have access to everything needed to succeed: syllabi, videos, technical assistance—all which are kept up to date as new material arrives.
Certification Creates Connections
- Preparing for and taking professional certification exams is an excellent form of networking. Partaking in preparatory exam courses and finding friends to study with is a fantastic way to collaborate with future colleagues and gain new students and/or employment.
- Dance Vision Examiners are a great resource—residing across the globe, these vetted professionals conduct Dance Vision examinations and are available to provide guidance in this process.
- All Certified Dance Vision Teacher are listed on our Dance Vision Teacher Directory. This allows our Dance Vision student members to easily find you and reach out if they are in search of in-person lessons.
We offer all certifications across Associate (Bronze), Master (Silver), and Grand Master (Gold) across all traditional ballroom and social dances styles: American Smooth and Rhythm, International Ballroom and Latin, Argentine Tango and more.
With a teacher that shows dedication to their students through the application of their own dance certifications, the possibilities of what both them and students can achieve are limitless.
Sign up for our Teacher Membership to get started.